Bathgate Thistle Community Football club are looking to recruit a media Officer. Writing match reports for local media (newspapers – Edinburgh Evening News, West Lothian Courier), taking action photographs during games, updating website and social media with relevant information and raising awareness of the community aspects of the club.
Working primarily with our adult semi-professional Junior club, who play in the competitive East Region Premier league, the role will have pay around £20 per week plus expenses and would suit a an enthusiastic media or journalism student or someone with a keen interest in football and media looking to gain experience in the sports reporting area.
The role offers candidates an excellent opportunity to expand their CV with relevant skills employers look for in the modern media world. It could even be a project for a university portfolio of work. The role could also be shared.
The person has the opportunity to shape the role and technologies used and build a social media platform for the Bathgate Thistle Juniors and the Community Club as a whole.
Short Terms Goals
1. Video Home Matches for analysis
2. Match Report (with photos) for online, local media & newspapers
3. Create & manage the maintenance of social media accounts (Twitter & Facebook etc.)
4. Provide regular news articles from management and team (and wider Community Club)
Medium Terms Goals
1. Create an online video channel and produce a Match video highlights package
2. Attract sponsorship income for media platforms (possibility of % going to applicant)
3. Develop and improve existing website
4 .Increase website traffic and interest in club
For more details and to register interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to role can be found below