The club is delighted to announce its successful application to the SFA South East region which will see a club coach mentor assigned to it as part of an SFA initiative, in partnership with McDonalds, to provide club coach mentors to grassroots clubs in the region.
The aim of the programme is to have club coach mentors work in partnership with local grassroots football clubs in some of the following ways:
• The development of coaches via 1:1 mentoring support, workshop delivery and providing feedback on coaching techniques
• Work with clubs at training sessions and match days
• Mentor and develop potential lead club coaches to deliver peer learning sessions and a sustainable support network
• Work with the club to devise, deliver and document club curriculums
• Deliver positive Coaching Scotland modules to clubs
• Work with the club to develop a sustainable club philosophy.
This is something that the SFA South East Region is determined to ensure leaves a lasting legacy within each of the clubs who are successful in applying for the programme and the club very much looks forward to benefiting from this in the near future.
Further details of the programme outline will be provided soon.