Bathgate Thistle Community Football club is looking to recruit a part-time media officer. The role will involve: writing match reports for the Club’s website and social media platforms; taking action photographs during games; filming matches, as well as creating match highlight packages; updating the Club’s website and social media platforms; and raising awareness of the latest developments concerning all aspects of the Community Club.
Working primarily with our semi-professional Junior club, who play in the competitive East Region Premier league, the role will pay £20 per week plus expenses and would suit an enthusiastic media or journalism student – preferably with a keen interest in football – who is looking to gain experience in the field of sports reporting.
The role offers candidates an excellent opportunity to expand their CV with the relevant skills employers look for in the modern media industry and it could also be shared.
Short Term Goals
- Filming matches for analysis and creating match highlight packages.
- Match reports (with photos) for online platforms.
- Controlling the Club’s social media accounts.
- Provide regular news articles from management and team members (as well as from the rest of the Community Club).
Medium Term Goals
- Attract sponsorship income for media platforms (possibility of % going to the applicant).
- Develop and improve the existing website.
- Increase website traffic and interest in the Club.
Please see message of thanks from our last Media Officer on what the role can do Message of Thanks
For more details and to register interest please contact email@example.com.